Five Things You Can Do to Relieve Your Plantar Fasciitis Symptoms
Plantar fasciitis is a common condition which typically affects runners, hikers, and just about any person who stands a lot during the day. It’s typified by pain in the feet in the morning and causing heel and arch pain. The good news is, there are things you can do right now to relieve your plantar fasciitis symptoms.
Five Things You Can Do Right Now to Relieve Your Plantar Fasciitis Symptoms
Although plantar fasciitis afflicts people with different levels of discomfort, it’s not usually a permanent condition. The majority of people who suffer from plantar fasciitis recover by just resting, wearing supportive shoes, and doing stretching and exercising. Here are five ways to relieve plantar fasciitis pain:
1. Sit down and relax. It’s not just physical pressure which is causing your plantar fasciitis, it’s also your stress level. Relaxing calmly, taking deep breaths, and allowing your body to unwind will help your feet and more.
2. Stretch your soles. There are different types of stretches you can do to help relieve the pain of plantar fasciitis. Stretching your feets’ soles is also good for improved flexibility and your agility.
3. Soak your feet. Epsom salt and hot water are a wonderful combination to enjoy while sitting down and relaxing. Getting into a hot tub will also be beneficial to your feet as well as the rest of your body.
4. Apply a heating pad. You can also try using a heating pad. Start with it around your calf to help relieve your plantar fasciitis pain. If possible, apply it to your back for more enjoyment and relief.
5. Get a foot massage. There’s a lot to be gained by getting a foot massage for those who suffer from plantar fasciitis. It not only relieves pain, it’s also quite enjoyable.
If these do not provide appreciable relief and/or the condition worsens, it’s best to see a foot doctor for treatment.