Ankle Injuries List
There are several common ankle injuries, which include conditions such as inflammation, to sprains, fractures, and more. Here’s a list of the most common ankle injuries people can suffer:
- Achilles tendinitis and Achilles tendinosis. The first is common in runners and only takes a few days to weeks to heal. While the latter is quite similar.
- Ankle fractures. These range from mild to severe, including avulsion injuries, which are less serious, to actual breaks. Treatments vary greatly depending on the injury — so it might or might not require surgery.
- Ankle sprain. Over three million people suffer from an ankle sprain every year. This is characterized by a stretching or tearing of the tissue bands, which can cause pain, swelling, along with limiting the person’s natural range of motion.
- Arthritis. When this condition occurs, it’s common to experience pain, swelling, stiffness, and even a limit in the natural range of motion.
- Peroneal tendinosis. This is pain in and around the ankle, which can also cause swelling and tenderness.
- Fractures. Of course, there are bones in the feet and ankles, which means it’s possible to suffer breaks in one or more bones.
It’s important to note, this is not an exhaustive list. See an experienced foot doctor for any ankle issues.